Friday, May 19, 2023

Prologue

r services and for any and all church celebrations. I also was a weekly attendee at Saint Joseph's Parochial School for grades five and six and received my first holy communion at that Church. 

On November 8, 1977 another alter boy and  I  helped a priest conduct a funeral in the aftermath of which the entire church was burnt to the Ground


According to the Wakefield Daily Item, the official town newspaper, "Following a full investigation the fire on November 8, 1977, was deemed accidental and not intentional." I was only 14 years old in 1977, and one of the two altar boys that conducted a funeral that day along with one of the parish priests. I don't recall if there were any other events at the church that afternoon or if anyone asked us any questions about our funeral paper and would add that the priest and I did not properly dispose of the in scents which likely caught fire to either whatever was in the trash or whatever was in the garment closet.

The date was about this.  to anyone before, but I bought that church in 1977 when I was an altar boy at age 14. for certain it was not intentional.  I think either myself or the other alter boy did not dispose of the incense properly and it caught the robes or whatever was in the closet on fire. I was not 100% sure and you don't go admitting to stuff you are not sure of so when they asked me about it I didn't know what they were talking about. However all these years in my mind I figured that is what happened.






No comments:

Post a Comment